One of the greatest challenges a business owner meets is establishing brand awareness in a busy world. The automotive aftermarket is crawling with "mom & pops" who struggle to gain credibility and scale. Colorworks has an existing brand - and with our franchise it's your brand.
Colorworks has developed a system for doing things. We call it the Colorworks Business System. Whether it's the "20 Step Process for a Perfect Blend" or a simple process for ordering materials. We want you to focus on getting up the learning curve. With our franchise this System will help you do this.
The access you have when you join Colorworks is amazing. Broad skills, long backgrounds and lots of experience across wide geography. Chances are somebody will have been in your shoes no matter what you run across. Everyone is connected by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This can be your network to help you over the challenges.
At Colorworks, we learn from each other and together we form a "learning organization". When you come to a meeting or participate in a skills workshop, you bring one set of ideas and leave with as many as you can carry in your head and hands. Access to skills is important. The world is learning and Colorworks is your way to ensure you're not left behind.
How many Olympic athletes show up to the Olympics with no coach ? It's proven that skills and performance can be learned only so fast without a coach. Okay, we aren't offering 24-7 support, but for those of us with good rapport with our coach it's near that. At Colorworks, your Master Partner is your coach and is at the end of the telephone for you to access higher performance.
Products & Services
Don Konantz and Kevin Carter have teamed up to bring an amazing concept to the USA. Don and Kevin both cut their teeth at College Pro Painters which was a unique combination of painting and franchising. While the automotive business seemed like enough of a step away from those roots, well, it just seems like paint is in our blood.
Our business is based on the premise that there is a niche between a body shop and a detail shop to address minor paint and body repairs. Our core business is on a mobile basis, but shops and retail distribution is growing. Sure we'll come to you, but in more and more cities, we can manage our weather challenges and do bigger jobs if we have a shop facility. Before Colorworks, car owners were faced with expensive and inconvenient visits to a bodyshop for small autobody damage. We packaged our service in a unique mobile service and the concept took off.
We think our partners are integral to our success and we enjoy win-win partnerships with our people. Our customers are the key to our success and we have built our entire business around repeat customers - happy customers are repeat customers. We started in the fleet and dealer market, customers who know cars better than anyone else. Dealers, leasing companies and fleet customers scrutinize our work like nobody else. Call your local dealer for a reference on Colorworks. You will see that our growth is based around you, our customer.
Training & Support
The initial training is 5 weeks. The first two weeks takes place in our training center with an experienced trainer. We can train up to 4 people at once, so it pays to book early.
Before start up the franchisee receives:
- Assistance in establishing a van lease
- Complete equipment, cabinetry and start up supplies installed in franchisee van
- Promotion materials: uniform, business cards, invoices, van signage One week training in a corporate training environment
- Detailed business planning for a quick start
- A detailed Confidential Franchise Operating Manual, with the following sections: Introduction; Safety; Marketing ; Paint Systems; Color Theory; Color Matching; Mixing; Application Techniques; Management & administration; Equipment ; and Glossary.
One of our requirements of the initial training is that you complete 50 jobs prior to doing any in your home territory.
The second 2 week period is set in the field with real jobs and a going concern operation.
The 5th week is with an experienced person in your home territory. We want you ready to go on your own when the inital 'training wheels' come off.
Once the initial 5 week training period is over, we start the ongoing support program:
- ongoing goal setting and review
- administrative services: accounting, customer statements
- organization of supply of materials and goods on a regular basis
Why Colorworks USA?
Colorworks enjoys a sustainable competitive advantage. Our advantage is that we do our work better than anyone else in the industry. Why? Firstly, we train, train, train. Our guys are good.
Next, our team has been together for a long time because people that join our organization have a vested interest in the company's performance and growth. We know that growth can only come from happy customers who become repeat customers.
Training and retention. This is our sustainable competitive advantage.
The US car market is absolutely massive!
And growing: in 1970 there were 200 million cars in the world, in 2000 there were almost 600 million. It is estimated that today there are more than 800 million cars on the road.
The 2003 Bureau of Transportation Statistics reported 107 million households in the US with 1.9 cars, trucks or sport utility vehicles and 1.8 drivers per household. That's 204 million vehicles and 191 million drivers.
Imagine, cars now outnumber drivers.
Now consider that there are over 50,000 different colors on the road today - and that's before the varying effects of ultraviolet fading. This makes for a vast array of color matching permutations.
- Colorworks wants franchisees to grow their businesses in the communities they serve. Our results are tied to yours.
- franchise territories are exclusive and most are populated with ~ 250,000 people
- Colorworks is a flexible business in that our overhead commitments are very low
- Colorworks provides in the field training for you to get your hands on experience. We pride ourselves on the quality and depth of our training
- with the number of cars that we are repairing, inevitable improvements can be shared across the whole team
- Colorworks organizes suppliers to save you the hassle of inventory. Supplies can be ordered from our approved suppliers at favorable prices and repackaged in more favorable quantities for your use
Are You a Good Fit for Colorworks USA?
|| No experience is necessary, but helps. There are 5 areas which we would hope you could offer some experience in one or two:
- knowledge of the territory
- business experience or acumen
- automotive experience
- managerial and sales experience
- auto body experience
We offer the industry's most detailed, comprehensive and intensive training program lasting 5 weeks.