An unpleasant Sunday 2am event turns into Tin Drum’s proudest celebration
Tin Drum on Briarcliff was broken into, closed down, renovated, and now re-launch with
an all new menu and one of original Tin Drummer ANDRES GARCIA as owner!
ATLANTA (March 20, 2019) – Known for its fresh and bold take on Asia’s greatest hits and an urban-inspired atmosphere, Tin Drum Asian Kitchen is re-opening its location on Briarcliff Road with a very special celebration.
The restaurant was broken into one early March morning this year with enough broken glass and stolen properties that forced temporary closure. Clean up and renovation quickly went under way to repair damages as well as refresh, which includes interior design elements and new menu items similar to the newest Tin Drum location in North Decatur Square.
Series of conversation with long time employee Andres Garcia regarding staffing, seemingly destined to be, turned into Andres owning this Tin Drum. Andres, then a teenager, was one of the inaugural team-member with Tin Drum in 2003. He started as line cook at the original Georgia Tech location and worked through all positions the past 15 years. He is undoubtedly a Tin Drummer, someone who dedicates his craft everyday and an unsung hero we all celebrate and promote in our Tin Drummer story and culture.
“We are thrilled to reopen Briarcliff Tin Drum to the Druid Hills community. Our guests can look forward to new ‘not-in-a-bowl’ menu items, a curated retail shop and a return to our sidewalk café roots,” says founder Steven Chan, “The most exciting part this time, however, is the restaurant owner Andres Garcia. There is no one more deserving than Andres becoming a business owner, best at what he does in serving people each and everyday. He’s a true Tin Drummer, my friend for life.”
“Andres’ Quote”, says new owner Andres Garcia.
- American Dream 2. Family 3. Tin Drummer 4. Craft Economy
The restaurant will reopen on April 8. Please join us for a very special celebration to Andres!
Tin Drum Briarcliff Location Highlights:
Tin Drum’s Briarcliff location gives both the menu and ambiance an energetic refresh to evoke the hustle and bustle of a classic Hong Kong-style Dai Pai Dong, or curbside café. Led by owner Andres Garcia, the new café offers longtime favorite stir-fry, noodle and curry bowls as well as new “Not-In-A-Bowl” items.
Examples of some of the “Not-In-A-Bowl” fare include:
- Bombay Pav Bun: popular Indian street bun with tikka masala dip ($4)
- 5-Spice Banh Mi Sandwich: Vietnamese baguette, five spice sweet soy sauce, chili mayo, cucumber, pickling, jalapeno, cilantro, fried chicken or catfish ($5.50)
- Sumo Soba Salad: chilled soba, spinach, seasonal herbs, pickling, roasted peanut, cucumber, shallot crunch, sesame seed, seaweed, Sriracha mango dressing ($7.00)
- Firecracker Cauliflower: tempura cauliflower, fiery chili sauce ($6.50)
- Koreano Slider: choice of fried chicken or catfish with Gochujang red pepper sauce, pickling, sesame oil on H&F buttermilk soft bun ($4/single, $7/double)
- Papaya and Fruit Som Tam Salad: spicy, tangy, hint of sweet Thai chili Som Tam dressing ($5.00)
- Salt and Pepper Green Mango: an all day quick snack perfect for a hot and humid day ($4.00)
- Spring Roll Lettuce Wrap: butter lettuce, crunchy veggie spring roll, seasonal herbs, carrot, cucumber, shallot crunch, toasted peanut, chili lime vinaigrette ($6.50)
Tin Drum Briarcliff is located at 2566 Briarcliff Road, Ste. 109, Brookhaven, GA 30329 inside Village at Druid Hills shopping center at the corner of North Druid Hills Road and Briarcliff Road. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. For more information, call 404-205-5650 or visit tindrumasiankitchen.com.
The Tin Drummer Story
In ancient Asian culture, there was the “Tin Drummer”, a part newscaster and part wake-up caller. Each morning, he walked the streets banging a tin drum, gathering people at the lively café to fuel their bodies with food and their minds with current news. He became a legend, an unsung hero who connected people by the simple and unrelenting act of doing.
Today, we at Tin Drum celebrate the legend of the Tin Drummer, who showed us hard work alone can make a difference. We all are equal and possess the magic potential ready to unleash - “The Same Sun Shines Equally On Those Beneath”.
About Tin Drum Asian Kitchen
With 11 locations throughout metro Atlanta, Tin Drum Asian Kitchen focuses on made by order, affordable and all-encompassing Asian food. Inspired by music and life around Asian curbside cafés, the menu packs bold flavors into dishes prepared in an open kitchen. The space invites all budgets, taste buds and styles, introducing guests to thoughtful, modern design and surprising, witty details. For more information about Tin Drum Asian Kitchen, visit tindrumasiankitchen.com.