We are coffee business specialists offering a complete, turnkey package to assist our owners in opening their own Cafe. We are not a franchise, do not charge royalties and do not impose restrictions how the business should be run. Hard Bean Cafe's offer a warm and inviting atmosphere and offer specialty coffees, teas, blended drinks and light fare for breakfast and lunch. The typical Cafe size is 1200 to 1600 square feet, with seating for approximately 40 customers. Our Cafe's include a meeting room available for church groups, networking groups, etc. and quickly become the local gathering place in their community.
A Flexible Business Concept
How do you want to run your business? What is your management style? Do you want to be "hands on" and involved in the day to day operations? Or do you want to grow the business with good employees so you can take a more "hands off" approach, and spend your time promoting the business in your community? Owning one of our coffee shops puts the choice in your hands.
Our lower entry cost makes it easier to consider adding additional profit centers to increase your business over time. A few synergistic concepts that have been co-branded successfully by our Café owners include a cigar store, bookstore, and florist. Offering additional products and services is especially welcomed in smaller towns, which are excellent markets for our Café concept.
The comprehensive services offered under our Hard Bean Café program are designed to assist you in realizing your dream to own a coffee shop. We will share our industry knowledge and years of experience throughout the entire process, including pre-opening guidance and post-opening support.
The Buying Co-Op
As an owner, you have the option to join our Buying co-op. This allows you to use the collective buying power of our stores to purchase, for resale, products and services that can enhance your sales and profit margin. The cost to join is only $125 per month and membership can be cancelled at any time. The co-op provides...
Access to proprietary products: Our proprietary Hard Bean coffees and teas come from select roasters and other distributors. These products meet our highest quality and packaging standards.
Access to our preferred vendors: Listed on our secure co-op site.
Online sales: We will set you up to participate in our online store so that you and your customers will be able to order Hard Bean coffee and collectibles. There are no set up fees and no packaging or shipping costs. You will receive the profit on the items your customers buy. You may want to order samples for your store to promote sales.
Store blog site: Our secure store owner blog site allows you to share information and best practices with other stores...information that can prove valuable to you in running your business.
Online library: Download forms and artwork that make marketing and running your store easier
- Established: 1992
Support & Training
- Financial Assistance Provided: Yes
- Site Selection Assistance: Yes
- Lease Negotiation Assistance: Yes
- Franchisor support: initial training, on-going 90 day support, help lines, field support, annual meetings, advertising, central purchasing etc.
- When your candidate commits to opening a Hard Bean Cafe, we work with them through every phase to ensure a smooth opening. Pre-opening services include:
- Site selection assistance
- Cafe design and layout
- Third-party financing - attractive lease package in place w/national firm
- Ordering and coordinating shipment of all furniture, fixtures and equipment
- On-site assembly of Cafe
- Training on espresso/coffee equipment
- Training for staff scheduling and re-ordering of product
- Customer loyalty program training
- Introduction to payroll vendor Once opened, they have the option to participate in the Buying Co-Op, which provides on-going operational support such as:
- Access to proprietary roasters for specialty coffees and teas
- Access to preferred vendors
- On-line sales to Hard Bean customers for coffee/collectibles
- Store blog site
- On-line library to access re-order forms, etc.