Abbott’s Frozen Custard was founded on an enduring passion for our people, our custard and our customers. Abbott’s continues to operate as a family business, remaining focused on these values while gaining national recognition. The next franchisee to join our Abbott’s family will embody these priorities and help continue the tradition that has produced a legendary reputation and a century of success.
What makes Abbott’s so special?
- The Abbott’s Experience. More than our frozen custard, our employees or our branding, the Abbott’s Experience represents how customers feel when they think about Abbott’s. This feeling is the result of our commitment and unrelenting focus on our values and permeates everything we do. Profits, while important, are a byproduct of this philosophy, not the main focus, as our goal is to ensure every customer and employee leaves Abbott’s happier than when they arrived.
- The Abbott’s Brand. With over a century of experience and goodwill, we have a proven track record of succeeding in various economic conditions and consumer trends.
- The Abbott's Management Team. At our core is a team whose industry knowledge, passion and experience is unprecedented.
- Our Frozen Custard. Churned fresh in each store, throughout the day following our secret family recipe and using the most wholesome ingredients straight from our dairy in upstate New York.
- Our Dairy. Committed to feeding and caring for our cows like they are part of the family. Learn about our Dairy on the next page; the organic, sustainable and environmentally friendly practices they live by. As our famers like to say, “Happy cows produce the best milk”
- Our Proprietary Equipment. Designed to our specifications for reliable, easy to use operation, consistently churning out our frozen custard, while also protecting against imitation.
- The Abbott's Scoop. Our unique scooping technique is designed with both presentation and portion control in mind.
- Our Dedicated Franchisees. Fiercely passionate about our brand and our customers.
- And last, but certainly not least, our devoted customers who are just as enthusiastic and passionate about Abbott’s as we are.
Our strategic vision
Where we are today - Abbott’s has expanded through Company owned stores and franchised locations from Rochester, New York to Vero Beach, Florida. We have honed our processes and developed the support structure to enable the steady and controlled expansion of our brand. We have laid the foundation for a successful future built on a dedicated and experienced management team, passionate franchisees and key partners who support each phase of the franchise process. From our dairy farmers to our marketing team, everyone is focused on ensuring the success of each franchisees and the achievement of their goals.
Where we plan to be tomorrow- Through a controlled growth strategy utilizing both single and multi-unit franchises we plan to develop the underserved markets that provide us and our franchisees with the greatest potential for success. Please continuing reading to learn more about the Abbott’s franchise process.
Onboarding , Training and Support
The Abbott's onboarding process allows new owners to accelerate the time it takes to open a business and focus their energies on the priorities by following our road map to success. The benefits of following the Abbott's roadmap pay huge dividends in each phase of the process including, site selection, design work, permitting, branding, menu configuration, and training just to name a few. Our onboarding team will have you set up on our systems and enrolled in our training program immediately following the signing of a franchise agreement. This seamless transition from candidate to new owner is the first step in the process to achieving your goals.
Our hands on training program, known as Scoop School, is a two part program. The first five days of this intensive training is held in Rochester, NY. Part one is scheduled within thirty days of your planned opening and will provide you with the opportunity to learn and apply your skills. During these five days you will benefit from learning every facet of our business as taught by one of the most experienced teams in the industry. From our recipes, to our serving methods, learning the processes as well as how to teach them to future employees will ensure your teams get up to speed quickly and correctly. This training is complimented by manuals, checklists, pictures and videos all also available online for easy access.
Part two of Scoop School is held at your stand five days prior to opening. Our team will walk you through each process again to ensure you are comfortable with the processes. Further, our team will set up your store saving you time and guesswork as to the most efficient use of space and merchandising placement. Incorporated within this part of your training is our team’s assistance interviewing your potential first employees as well as training them with you in your store. This ensures your first team is positioned to succeed on day one. Our training team will then remain on site through your opening to support you and your team until the operations have stabilized.
Abbott's frozen custard franchisee training
While your initial training may come to a close once our new store training team leaves, the training and support you receive from Abbott's never really stops. You will continue to benefit from regular updates from our training team on best practices, new products, and seasonal specials. You will be part of a system that is focused on constant improvement, innovation and leveraging each other’s knowledge for the benefit of all owners.