Whether or not to franchise isn’t an easy decision. You’ll need to consider the business issues and weigh the pros and cons from an informed perspective.
Franchising as a rapid expansion tactic is one of several options you should consider for it’s tremendous potential to grow your business quickly. How does franchising work? The key is in the creation of systems which can be duplicated through training and support.
Other characteristics attractive to potential franchisees include businesses:
- with a good track record of profitability.
- built around a unique or unusual concept.
- with broad geographic appeal.
- which are relatively easy to operate.
- which are relatively inexpensive to operate.
- which are easily duplicated.
Despite the impressive merits, franchising is not for every business.
There is high risk in franchising any new, unproven business.
Established companies that should probably not franchise include businesses:
- difficult to monitor from long distances.
- requiring large numbers of employees.
- with complex operations.
- with low profit margins.
Now that you know you’re franchisable, where do you go from here?
|You can fast track if you know how to build your business. When you’ve determined that you’re franchisable, be sure you understand how much you’ll be investing and don’t miss any opportunities by making costly mistakes that every owner should try to avoid. Next you could attend a Francorp Seminar to meet with a Senior Consultant and learn more about what’s involved.|