Great food is our passion.
Reimagining old favorites - especially our Newcomb Family Recipes. We insist on sourcing the finest ingredients. Nothing is pre-chopped, pre-sliced or pre-packaged. We are uncompromising about quality from kitchen to table and our dedication to personal service. That’s a passion shared by everyone you will meet at Newk’s.
Newk’s was founded in 2004 by Don Newcomb, Debra Bryson and Chris Newcomb in Oxford, Mississippi. The team had previously founded McAlister’s Deli and transformed the restaurant into one of the fastest-growing fast-casual restaurants of the time. After providing a solid foundation and establishing strong upward growth for McAlister’s Deli, they sold the chain and soon began to focus on their new venture, using an abbreviated version of “Newcomb” for the restaurant name.
Broad menu of meticulously prepared meals, made from scratch with fresh, high-quality ingredients.
Unique fast-casual dining experience highlighted by the Roundtable, signature take-home cup, free breadsticks, famous iced tead and large portions.
Exceptional customer service in a comfortable setting that appeals to multiple demographics and is suitable for multiple occasions.
Open Kitchen & Warm, Inviting InteriorBest-in-class concept with superior competitive positioning in the fast-casual sector.
Operations-focused, unit-level model that is easy for franchisees to learn.
Great food is our passion. We live for the tantalizing smells, sights, tastes and textures of meals that are made to perfection. We are obsessed with discovering new recipes and reimagining old favorites _ especially our Newcomb Family Recipes. We insist on sourcing the finest ingredients. Nothing is pre-chopped, pre-sliced or pre-packaged. We are uncompromising about quality from kitchen to table and our dedication to personal service. That’s a passion shared by everyone you will meet at Newk’s
Newk’s offers extensive support in the following areas: real estate, training, operations and marketing.
- REAL ESTATE & CONSTRUCTION – With the support of a dedicated development team, we assist with location selection, including market planning and analysis, tenant-rep broker management and lease negotiation. Additionally, our construction team is there to manage the construction process, including space planning, bid review, general contractor selection and necessary support for architecture and FF&E packages.
- TRAINING -New franchise training is provided at our Support Center in Jackson, Mississippi and is covered under your franchise fee. (You pay salary and travel expenses.) Prior to opening a new location, your hourly partners will be trained on site by a certified Newk’s training team. Ongoing training is provided as needed on site, at the Support Center and in certified regional training restaurants.
- OPERATIONS – We support your operation via regular visits and contact by your franchise business consultant and our operations support teams. Support includes conference calls each period with operators and principles to discuss performance, opportunities, challenges and solutions. P&Ls are reviewed quarterly, and POS equipment and software are available for management reports. Food prices and distributor partnerships are negotiated in house, and franchise partners have access to all corporate vendors for small wares, paper goods, marketing materials and supplies. MARKETING – Through regular visits and contact by your field marketing manager, Newk’s will provide comprehensive marketing support, from grand opening events, social media setup and management to Roundtable Loyalty Club emails and catering business development. All franchise partners have access to an online toolkit with marketing materials and an in-house graphic design team for site-specific advertising needs.
Newk’s has a library of marketing materials and a marketing calendar available for use by all franchisees. The library contains print, radio, outdoor, rich-media online ads, catering van wrap designs and window clings. Newk’s conducts brand-level social media marketing and encourages all franchisees to operate social media accounts for local store marketing. We assist with setup and support of local social media and email marketing accounts and hold regularly scheduled social media conference calls with franchisees.
Fast-casual restaurants are the fastest-growing segment of the restaurant industry, leading industry growth since 2007. Newk’s has significantly outpaced the fast-casual sector due to our unique concept and market positioning.
THE IDEAL NEWK’S FRANCHISEE
• Prior restaurant experience
• Passionate about the hospitality industry
• Active in the business, with a priority on local marketing and customer service
• Well capitalized 3 to 5 restaurants: $3MM net worth and $1.5MM liquid 5 to 8 restaurants: $4MM net worth and $2.5MM liquid 8+ restaurants: $5MM net worth and $3.5MM liquid
BENEFITS OF NEWK’S FRANCHISE OWNERSHIP
• A concept validated by industry trends • Streamlined, efficient operational system
• Flexible menu, adaptable to change with trends and tastes
• Flexible store design and location options
• Long-term, multi-unit franchise focus
• Experienced, respected management team
• Strong training and marketing programs
• Ongoing support of a dedicated franchise company