Our Franchise Opportunity
PickUp USA Fitness Clubs are full-service basketball-focused gyms offering group & private basketball training, pickup basketball games with referees, full weight & cardio rooms, lounges, retail, and more!
We started our unique fitness concept in 2011, and spent 5 years refining our product, processes, and brand before franchising in 2016. PickUp USA delivers an unparalleled gym experience to our customers.
With a relentless focus on customer service, our gyms offer a true plug-and-play, simple operating model, and our services cater to a massive potential market of basketball and fitness enthusiasts.
- 54.1 million Americans belonged to at least one health club nationwide in 2014 (data from IHRSA).
- In 2014, total U.S. health club Revenues increased 7.4% to $24.2 billion (data from IHRSA).
- Over 23 million people per year participate in basketball activities in the United States (data from Statista)
- PickUp USA Fitness is the first and only basketball-focused fitness club concept operating in the United States.
- Our gyms offer traditional amenities like weight & cardio rooms for the 54 million people nationwide that are gym members. Combine this with basketball-focused services for the 23 million people nationwide that participate in the sport, and you have a tremendous opportunity to build a great business in your neighborhood!
- The demographics for our clubs’ customers are amazingly diverse with services for men, women and children as young as 5 years old; and skill levels from beginners to experts.
Streamlined Operating Model
- Plug- and-play, refined and simple operating model
- Less than 10 total employees needed to run a PickUp USA
- Passionate staff that love fitness and basketball are naturally attracted to PickUp USA
- Polished marketing, sales, and operating processes allow your gym to operate seamlessly 365 days/year
- Established relationships with reputable suppliers and vendors:Minimal inventory management with simple processes for ease of operating
- Wilson Basketball
- Minimal inventory management with simple processes for ease of operating
- Bottom-line: A polished operating system allows you to have fun, interact with customers, and grow your business!
An Unmatched Gym Experience
Our robust services provide massive value to our customers, and massive opportunities for our franchisees.
4 Revenue Streams
PickUp USA clubs generate revenue from 4 diverse channels.
- Membership Dues
- Private Training Packages
- Private Court Rental
- Retail Sales
- Comprehensive guidance from the day you sign your franchise agreement through your grand opening
- Assistance with site-selection
- Support with club layout, design and construction
- Comprehensive 8 day training at our headquarters in Irwindale, CA for you and your two managers
- Pre-Open marketing support
- On-site support for 5 full days during your grand opening from a senior member of our corporate team to ensure your grand opening is seamless and super successful
- On-site coaching and guidance for your entire team for the days just before and after your grand opening
- Grand opening marketing training and support to ensure a healthy buzz is generated regarding the opening of your new gym.
- Coordination with vendors to provide events and giveaways during your grand opening, and align your brand with other large brands, including Gatorade and SportCourt.
- You’ve launched your business. Congratulations! Now that the celebration is over, we can get down to business helping grow and develop your club. Consistent, continuous, on-site, telephone and email support will be with you during your entire journey.
- Unlimited access to our “Brand Standards Manual” that will provide guidance on various aspects of your operations
- Ongoing coaching and development from our leadership team
- Marketing, finance, and operational support from our leadership team
- We own and operate clubs ourselves, and if you’re going through it, we’ve been through it too, and are here to help you every step of the way
The ideal PickUp USA franchise owner is passionate about basketball and fitness, and has a strong desire to create a world-class gym experience for their customers. Industry experience is not required, but the ability to develop and lead a small team is essential to ensure your gym's staff is providing top level customer service. You must have a minimum of $150k in liquid capital available, and be ready to make a full-time commitment to your fitness club.
While not required, a passion for fitness and basketball is a huge plus! Owning a fitness club is a tremendous opportunity to build a business doing something you love.