WHY PINCH A PENNY?
- Industry experience and expertise. We've been in business for over 40 years. We have a deep understanding of our industry and our markets, and that experience and expertise is passed on to our franchisees through in-depth and ongoing training and support.
- Our customers keep coming back. One of the things that sets us apart from our competitors is that we don't just sell our products and services – we also share our industry knowledge and expertise with our customers so that they can take better care of their pools and spas. That kind of customer service builds loyalty, and our customers appreciate that.
- Loyal and growing! With average unit sales of over $1.2 Million* you can take care of your family's future while helping other families take care of their pool!*
*For the year ending December 31, 2018, Pinch A Penny had 248 stores open. Of those stores, 238 have been open at least one year. Of those open at least one year, the average annual gross sales were $1,257,388.88 stores (37%) had annual gross sales that exceeded the average. Your results may differ. There is no assurance that you will do as well. See our 2019 Franchise Disclosure Document for more information.
- We offer diverse revenue streams. The best franchise opportunities provide multiple revenue streams to help diversify store income. Pinch A Penny offers retail product sales along with pool and spa maintenance services for both residential and commercial properties.
WHO ARE PINCH A PENNY CUSTOMERS?
With over 240 locations across five states, Pinch A Penny customers are a large and growing customer base. Pool and spa owners have many choices when it comes to choosing a maintenance provider. Most of them, however, still choose Pinch A Penny over the competition because we consistently provide a wider range of products and services than the other guys.
Most of our customers are pool owners who live in warm climates, primarily in the Southern U.S. They own a pool and use it primarily for relaxation and to spend time with family and friends. They value their time and money, so they appreciate that Pinch A Penny offers a one-stop shop for them to purchase everything they need to keep their pool in good condition.
- Pool and Spa Products - Our customers appreciate that we carry one of the largest inventories of pool and spa products to meet all of their needs. At Pinch A Penny, we work hard to make sure that we provide a one-stop shop for all of our customers' pool and spa maintenance needs.
- Pool Service and Maintenance - Many of our customers prefer to outsource the maintenance and upkeep of their pool or spa, and our reliable pool techs and competitive pricing help us corner a large share of the pool and spa maintenance market.
- Unparalleled Industry Expertise - Finally, our customers know that when they come to Pinch A Penny for pool and spa related questions, they'll get expert advice from industry veterans. That kind of customer service builds loyalty and trust, and it's why our customers keep coming back and referring us to their friends and neighbors.
THE PINCH A PENNY FRANCHISE COST
A Pinch A Penny franchise cost ranges in initial investment depending on the market and individual location.
- Most startup costs are between $249,100 and $589,800, including a franchise fee of $37,500 (this is the fee for retail-only stores).
- For locations that feature both retail and pool service, the franchise fee is $50,000.
- Potential Franchisee must meet the minimum liquidity requirements of $150,000 & have a net worth of no less than $350,000.
What may come as a surprise is that many of our most successful franchise owners have backgrounds that span through various industries outside of pool service, including executive management, marketing, retail, and communications just to name a few. Regardless of their backgrounds, our most successful franchise owners have one thing in common. At the heart of it all, they provide exceptional customer service. So while a background in the pool business may seem necessary, it’s certainly not required. Pinch A Penny can teach you the pool business; you just need to have the desire and passion to provide an exceptional pool care experience for your customers.
HOW MUCH MONEY CAN I MAKE?
The pool industry is a rapidly growing market that's worth an estimated $15 billion. With only about one-third of residential pool owners in the U.S. using a dedicated pool service company, there is an enormous opportunity for growth – especially in Southern locations where the warm climate makes it possible to use a residential pool year-round.
Our franchisees see strong annual sales, with an Average Unit Volume (AUV) of over $1.2 million.* While we don't disclose Pinch A Penny franchise profit numbers, you can speak to our development manager and start the process of becoming a Pinch A Penny franchisee. Once you've spoken with our development team and filled out some initial information, we'll review financial statements and performance representations with you in our Franchise Disclosure Document.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
One of the hallmarks of running one of the best franchise business opportunities is offering a comprehensive training and support program to help prepare new franchisees even before they set foot in their new store.
At Pinch A Penny, we believe that the community we've built through being a family-owned company extends to our training and support processes.
New franchisees start by spending four weeks at our Clearwater, Florida headquarters where they attend classes and learn the ins and outs of operating a Pinch A Penny franchise – from the technical details of maintaining a pool to inventory management and operational support.
During this time, you'll also spend time in some of our retail stores, becoming familiar with the day-to-day operations.
Once a store is open, we offer on-site help during your grand opening and have continuing education opportunities throughout the year to make sure that you've got all the tools you need to operate and grow your Pinch A Penny business.