R Taco™ is a distinctive fast-casual taco concept, that serves creative street-style tacos that are both traditional and inspired. In 2014, Buffalo Wild Wings® purchased a majority stake in the R Taco concept, with plans to develop and grow the brand on a national scale. Our menu features a variety of tasty tacos at an affordable price, where each taco is hand-made fresh and fast in our open kitchen, using ingredients made from scratch. Warm chips, delicious salsas, craft beer and no-frills margaritas all served up in our welcome environment, round out the experience.
The original name "Rusty Taco" comes from our founder, Rusty Fenton who, along with his partner Steve Dunn, opened the first Rusty Taco in a converted gas station on Greenville Avenue in Dallas, TX in 2010. Rusty was passionate about food, especially tacos, and he finally made his dream come true when he opened a shop that offered freshly-made authentic and creative Mexican street-style tacos.
The dream got better when customers flocked to Rusty Taco and returned again and again. More restaurants soon followed, as well as a new shortened name, R Taco.
R Taco is growing fast and is seeking franchisees who can commit to owning and operating a minimum of 3 R Taco restaurants. Full training of R Taco's business model and operations will be provided along with support and guidance as suitable locations are identified, as noted below.
Key benefits for franchise owners:
- Demand for tacos is swelling because it's a fast, inexpensive meal with quality ingredients.
- Menu board concepts involve low labor costs and good food value.
- R Taco is a smart choice in the current economy because it attracts diners across all income brackets.
- “Our concept has 3 day parts: breakfast, lunch, and dinner and serves breakfast tacos all day long, a popular current trend.”
- Real Estate/Design/Construction Support
R Taco will provide support and criteria for targeted site selections, as well as specifications and consultations on building your R Taco restaurants.
- Training and Pre-Opening Support
R Taco has a comprehensive training program that is conducted at one of our Corporate Restaurants, and offers on-site Opening Training assistance at your restaurants.
- Grand Opening and Marketing Support
Support for planning and executing Grand Opening marketing with assistance from our Marketing team is provided, as well as local marketing initiatives for your restaurants.
- Operations and On-Going Support
R Taco supports the operations of your restaurants by providing access to pre-approved suppliers and National Purchasing programs, as well as materials and manuals through our Intranet site. Guest focused strategies and Team Member guidance are also supported.
R Taco requires our franchisees to meet the following to own and operate a minimum of 3 R Taco restaurants:
- Liquid Capital: $750,000
- Net Worth: $1,500,000+
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, drive and passion in the restaurant industry
- Start-up costs: Initial Start-up costs range from $512,425 to $782,540
- $25,000 per store
- Royalty 5% of gross sales
- When you sign the development Agreement, you will pay us a development fee equal to 100% of the initial franchise fee for the first restaurant ($25,000), plus 50% of the initial franchise fee for each additional restaurant to be developed under the Development Agreement. Currently, the development fee for our standard, three-Restaurant Development Agreement is $50,000.