The Rocket Fizz Soda Pop and Candy Shops, LLC (better known as "Rocket Fizz") opened its first retail store in Camarillo, California in February 2009. The concept was created by Ryan Morgan and Robert ("Rob") Powells who believe people of all ages and backgrounds want to have a good time in life. What can be more fun than visiting an old-fashioned soda pop and candy shop?
Rocket Fizz Soda Pop and Shops offers one of the largest and craziest selections of glass-bottled soda pops and retro candies for sale in America. We pride ourselves on carrying unique and fun products for people of all ages. When a customer enters a Rocket Fizz store they are visually overwhelmed by the amount of colorful inventory. We work hard to ensure that all Rocket Fizz stores carry a similar selection and present a similar shopping experience. One of the many attributes that make a Rocket Fizz franchise unique is our soda pop bottling operation. We are not just a franchisor. We continue to create and bottle fun soda pop flavors and labels which we supply to all Rocket Fizz franchisees for resale.
With their backgrounds in soda pop bottling, warehousing and distribution, retailing, importing products from around the world, designing and developing real estate projects, and selling soda and candy, Rob and Ryan created the Rocket Fizz system. They are steeped in pop culture and have real-life relationships with Hollywood celebrities who also love and support Rocket Fizz. Rob and Ryan's motto is simple: You live only once so why not have great fun while earning a living?
- Low start-up costs compared to other franchise opportunities
- Access to a validated business system which helps new store owners avoid potential costly business start up mistakes
- Assistance with real estate selection location (guidance in what to look for and what to avoid)
- Assistance with lease negotiations
- Quick store build-out. Includes assistance in working with architects and governmental agencies
- Training on all levels
- Franchisor support even after your store opens
- Wholesale vendor purchasing discounts given to Rocket Fizz franchises
- Access to our exclusive Rocket Fizz branded products. We continually create and add new products into our system
- Marketing and promotional guidance
- Access to our franchisee dedicated website which contains newsletters, promotion information, and many other topics dedicated to the success of our franchisees
- Be part of a nationally growing brand
- Own a business that is fun to operate and where your customers are almost always happy
- If you have young kids then they may become the most popular students in their schools
- Lots of celebrity and media attention
- Celebrity store appearances
- You do not need prior retail experience to operate a successful Rocket Fizz franchise. Our training program will teach you how to operate
- We want franchisees who understand how store cleanliness, friendliness, and inventory stock and continuity is important to the success of their stores and the Rocket Fizz brand
- Marketing and advertising fund. We do not yet collect money for a marketing and advertising fund. We may never do so but in case we decide to one day then the cost will be 1% of your gross monthly sales
- We cross brand and have relationships with celebrities.
- The Rocket Fizz brand is often on television. For instance, our Undercover Boss TV show episode continues to repeat worldwide. This helps drive even more traffic to our stores.
- We assist with site selection. We assist with lease negotiations. We will build out your store for you and handle the permitting process.
- You will have an exclusive territory where no other Rocket Fizz retail store will be allowed to operate. This territory size will vary depending on the geographic location of your store
- Store opening time. Once you sign a lease agreement, depending on your location and other factors (see our FDD) Rocket Fizz franchise stores typically open quickly when compared to other franchises. Your store can open in as few as 45 days to as many as 120 days (estimates based on our experiences)
- We encourage franchisees to eventually own more than one location and a larger territory. Many of our current franchisees own additional locations beyond their first. We prefer to work with a smaller number of dedicated franchisees who own multiple stores instead of working with many single franchise operators. We may also, at our sole and absolute discretion, discount the initial franchise fee per store on a multi-franchise store purchase.
- Rocket Fizz loves the United States Military, law enforcement, and the fire department. Military, law enforcement, and fire fighter discounts available.
- We view our franchisee relationships like family and everyone will get to know Rob and Ryan in person. Rob and Ryan do not "hide in an office all day." They are very active with store operators
- While owning a Rocket Fizz franchise is relatively easy to operate, it may not be for you. If your passion is arranging flowers or cooking pizza then you should consider one of those franchises instead. But if your passion is to have fun and make people happy, then Rocket Fizz may be a good fit for you.
- Always follow your passion in life. It is a road map to success