Eat better. Feel better. It’s our mantra.
Today’s consumers are embracing healthier food options and more active lifestyles. Tropical Smoothie Cafe is ready to satisfy the cravings of our health-conscious, flavor-craving guests. To keep up with them, we opened 124 Cafes in 2019, and have been recognized as one of 2019’s fastest-growing franchises by Entrepreneur and Nation’s Restaurant News.
- 5+ multiple revenue streams with drive-thru, delivery, curbside pickup, online and mobile app ordering
- $9.47 average ticket per person thanks to our balanced mix of smoothies and food that supports all dayparts
- 840+ locations coast-to-coast—with 486+ opened in the last 5 years—feeds the demand of our loyal customer base
- 213 new agreements signed in 2019, with 60% coming from existing Franchise Owners
- Ranked one of the best by the best. Entrepreneur #18 Franchise 500 (2020), Franchise Times #17 Fast & Serious Smartest-Growing Brands (2019), Franchise Business Review Top 40 Franchises by Franchisees (2019)
Our nutritious food and smoothies are fueling healthy growth.
The huge demand for healthier food choices drives business to our doors. What keeps people coming back is the Tropical Smoothie Cafe experience. It’s our unique combination of irresistible food, a cool beachy vibe, and fun, friendly service.
What clearly distinguishes Tropical Smoothie Cafe from the competition is our balanced mix of smoothies and food, serving multiple dayparts: breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snack and multiple revenue streams like dine-in, drive-thru, delivery, and catering. That mix helps drive our average ticket sales and average net revenues of $982,486 for the top 50% of our Franchise Owners.*
*Top 50% of Cafes. Based on calendar year 2019, 120 of 326, or 37%, of the Cafes gained or surpassed this sales level. This information appears in Item 19 of our Franchise Disclosure Document. Your results may differ. There is no assurance that you will do as well.
We keep it simple.
What we serve is equally as appealing as our numbers. Our food is fresh and delicious, and our food prep is clean and simple. There’s no baking, fryers, or hoods—just high-powered blenders and a convection oven. It’s a better environment to work in and can help you attract and retain higher-quality team members. Because our Cafes are easier to operate, you can use your skills to connect with your guests and mentor a staff that’s young, high-energy, and passionate about the brand.
See what it takes.
Our Franchise Family understand the importance of incredible customer service. They value innovation, creativity and community.
Qualified Candidates should have:
- An understanding of our brand culture and franchise business model
- Business experience (restaurant experience preferred but not required)
- A minimum net worth of $350,000, which includes $125,000 in liquid assets
Investment and Fee Structure:
Start-up fees: A new Cafe investment is between $198,500 and $543,500. Costs can vary by location and the average cost is $370,000.
Ongoing fees per Cafe as a percentage of gross sales:
- 6% Royalty Fee
- 3% National Marketing Fee
- 2% Local Advertising Cooperative Contribution
Talk to our Franchise Family and you’ll see people devoted to helping people live better in every aspect of their lives. We’re passion-powered.
“Tropical Smoothie Cafe is in a perfect position for the future. And now is the right time to buy.”
- Rylan & Jennifer Miller, Multi-Unit Franchise Owners
“We create a tremendous opportunity for young people by teaching them a healthy lifestyle and skills they can use at work, at school, and beyond.”
- Dennis & Nicole Drake, Multi-Unit Franchise Owners
“I was a sales and marketing VP for technology companies for 18 to 20 years. For me, becoming a Franchise Owner was really a lifestyle choice, lifestyle change. As I evaluated Tropical Smoothie Cafe, I felt it was a brand that the values aligned, the product appealed, and I would feel great about representing it to my friends, family and my neighbors, as I started opening up cafes in the area that I've lived in for nearly 20 years.”
- Mike Haines, Multi-Unit Franchise Owner