What's a sweetFrog?
|Welcome to sweetFrog® — where our goal is to create the best frozen yogurt experience you've ever had! You create your own combination of delicious soft-serve frozen yogurt, then top it off with any toppings you choose! Our toppings bar is stocked fresh everyday with the best ingredients for a light healthy treat, a swirling decadent dessert, and everything in between! You pick the flavors, you add the toppings, you make it your way! And most importantly, don’t forget the fun — it’s our secret ingredient! We hope to bring a smile to all faces, and a tasty treat to go with it!|
sweetFrog is one of the fastest growing brands of premium, all natural, self-serve yogurt restaurants. Our concept is simple: sweetFrog is a bright, positive, family-friendly environment where customers can create their dessert, their way – at a very modest price point. We are quickly becoming a household name due to our yummy products, superior service, and our bright, fun atmosphere!
sweetFrog was founded on the principles of Christianity and our belief in bringing happiness and a positive attitude into the lives of our consumers. At sweetFrog, F.R.O.G stands for Fully Rely On God – and we hope to be an example of that in every community!
Our founder, Derek Cha, started sweetFrog in 2009 with his wife, Annah Kim. Derek’s goal was to create a business, in the midst of a unfriendly economy, that could thrive and bring hope and happiness to a very down market. As this would be Derek’s first year in Richmond, he was prepared for the challenge. With faith, prayer, and the support of family and friends, sweetFrog began.
How much does it cost to open my own sweetFrog?
- According to our FDD, the total initial investment necessary to begin operation of a sweet Frog Shop is $214,000 to $350,500. This includes $38,780 to $41,300 that must be paid to us which includes a $30,000 initial franchise fee as well as costs for selected items for your shop.
What is included with the Franchise Fee?
- When you sign with us to be a member of the sweetFrog family, we will provide you with full training within one of our corporate stores, a guideline as to how to build-out your location, all vendor contacts and discounts, a territory around your location, and rights and access to our trademark and the use of the sweetFrog name.
Is there an on-going monthly fee?
- Yes. Yes. The monthly fee is 6% of Gross Sales: 5% as Royalty + 1% toward Marketing.
Are there Net Worth requirements for becoming a Franchisee?
- Yes. You must have $250,000 in Liquid Assets, and $500,000 in Total.
Where can I open a sweetFrog?
- sweetFrog is expanding across the U.S. and internationally! Although many territories may be spoken for, there are still many great potential sites still out there! Please fill out an interest form with your location choices, and a representative will respond to you as soon as we are able. * Please note that all territories in Virginia are spoken for at this time.
What store size should I look for in an available territory?
- You should look for a commercial space of 1400-2000 square feet. We strongly recommend working with a local commercial broker to find a space, once we’ve determined an available territory for you.
How long does it take to open a store?
- Typically, you can open a store in 4-6 months from the day you officially sign with sweetFrog. Keep in mind that there can be time delays with any construction project. 4-6 months is typical, based on our experience; you may be even be able to open in a shorter time frame if you’re store is converted from an existing retail site with similar construction specifics.
How much will I make as an Owner?
- Sales vary from store to store.